Professor Julia Lee Thorp
- A diet for all seasons: the role of intra-annual variability in the evolution hominin diets in East Africa
- The Wonderwerk Cave Project (CI with Chazan, Horwitz et al)
- Palaeoclimatic and palaeoenvironmental context of the origins of modern humans in coastal South Africa (with Marean et al).
- The Late Glacial/Holocene transition in Lesotho (with Mitchell)
- The Palaeodeserts Project, Arabia (with Petraglia et al)
- Environments and isotopic ecology of the Upper Laetoli Beds: contributions to understanding the ecology of Australopithecus afarensis (with Musiba, Magori)
- Paleoecology of Central African hominins in Chad (with Brunet, Likius, Mackaye, Vignaud)
- Reassessing the chronology, composition and climatic implications of three Neandertal and early modern human sites from France (with Morin)
- Dietary seasonality and life history strategies in primates (with Macho et al).
- The Agricultural Origins of Urban Civilization (AGRICURB)
- Building a better eggtimer
- Hunter-Gatherers of Late-Glacial Italy (Leverhulme Trust)
- Developing and Testing an Integrated Paleoscape Model for theearly Middle and Late Pleistocene of the South Coast of South Africa
Current Doctoral Students
- Eleanor C. E. Farber
- Quan Zhang
- Yingtung Fung
- Tansy Branscombe
- Peining Li
- 2014- NERC CORE panel member, Panel E
- 2012- NERC Isotope Geosciences Facility Steering Committee
- 2011-2013 NERC Peer Review College
- 2007-2009 Advisory Board, Historical East African Landscapes Project (PI Lane, York University).
- 2006-2010 Research Director, Archaeological, Geographical and Environmental Sciences, University of Bradford.
- 2006-2008 NERC Peer Review College
- 2007-2010 Review Panel, NRCF - ORADS.
- 2015 National Radiocarbon Facility Archaeology Panel, Paired human-textile dating at Pica 8, northern Chile. (CI)
- 2015 National Radiocarbon Facility Archaeology Panel, The timing of archaeological and environmental shifts at Nelson Bay Cave and Byneskranskop 1, Southern Cape coast, South Africa.
- 2015 NERC Isotope Geosciences Facilities Steering Committee. Sea surface temperatures from oxygen isotope ratios in marine molluscs from Late Pleistocene Middle Stone Age sites, South Africa.
- 2014-2015 National Radiocarbon Facility Archaeology Panel. Timing of environmental shifts at Wonderwerk Cave, Northern Cape, South Africa, and implications for extinction events.
- 2013-2014 British Academy, Coming to Knowth. A strontium isotope approach to Neolithic mobility at a passage tomb cemetery. Schulting (PI), Lee-Thorp (CI).
- 2012-2013 John Fell OUP Research Fund, Postdoctoral fellowship for Dr Maura Pellegrini (PI).
- 2011-2012 Boise Research Fund, Dietary ecology of Australopithecus afarensis from stable light isotope analysis of fossils from the Upper Laetoli Beds (PI).
- 2011-2012 John Fell Research Fund, Exploring strontium isotope distributions in tooth crown sequences of migratory and non-migratory fauna from Laetoli, Tanzania, (PI).
- 2011-2012 Leakey Foundation, Dietary ecology of Cross River gorillas from stable isotopes (PI).
- 2011-2012 British Academy, Ranging behaviour of Equus and Cervus from the Late Glacial site of Settecanelle (PI).
- 2010-2012 Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovation, Spain, Life history strategies in sympatric primates – Co- Investigator.
Course lecturer in Bioarchaeology for the MSc in Archaeological Science.