Any visitors who are from outside the European Economic Area will be required to gain entry to the UK under an immigration category appropriate for the agreed activity. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if you think this might be relevant to you. We can provide visitors with a formal letter of invitation to facilitate UK visa/ visitor entry application. More information can be found on our Staff Immigration Team pages and specifically in their UK visa requirements for overseas visitors
- Visitors should complete the Visitor Application form which also requires a statement of support and signature of the nominating member of School permanent staff.
- These forms need to be completed and approval obtained from the Head of Department at least one month BEFORE any visitor or volunteer is invited to the School.
- Any requests to depart from the normal administrative/bench fee will need approved by School Board at its meeting in the first week of each term.
- Visitors require access to the libraries during their visit must complete a Bodleian Libraries Admissions form, including the Statement of Research Need, and bring this to the Bodleian Libraries' Admissions Office, in person, along with one form of personal identification and one form of proof of address.
- All visitors will be given a department access card for normal working hours in the buildings as necessary for their visit.
- Before being allowed to begin their visit, all visitors need to arrange to meet with the Visitor/HR team and be ready to provide:
- Evidence of identity
- A signed visitor agreement (current versions can be found on these pages)
All visitors will be required to pay an initial set up fee plus the appropriate monthly fee. In addition, users of laboratory facilities at either the Dyson Perrins or Beaumont Street sites will be required to contribute further lab bench fees. Please contact email@example.com to arrange payment.
Initial set up fee: £100
Standard bench fee (for non-students): £75 per month
Standard bench fee (for students): £40 per month
Additional lab bench fee for all users of laboratory facilities: £500 per month
(As an example, the monthly fee for non-students using lab facilities will therefore be £575).