Scanning and image preparationfor archaeological publication.
All types of artwork scanned including prints, books and original negatives at a suitable resolution. Original sizes include 35mm-A3 formats. Large format scanningusing our A0 colour scanner available for large plans, maps or drawings for digitization.
- Specialised digital image manipulation. Restoration and printing of archive material.
- File conversion.We can convert image/postscript files between most formats as well as re-size files to make them suitable for web, PowerPoint or publication.
- Printing service. We can provide a high quality small batch glossy, colour and black and white prints at A4 and A3 from your digital files or negatives. Ultra chrome prints supplied. (Ultra Chrome is a true black and white archive standard print technology from EPSON).
- Tuition available. Graduate skill Seminars and weekend courses available at the OUDCE. Advice and assistance for School of Archaeology staff and students with their photographic requirements. https://www.conted.ox.ac.uk/courses/photographing-archaeological-objects-for-record-and-publication
- Loan of photographic equipment. For staff and graduates. This includes loan of basic Nikon DSLR cameras and various stands.
The units aim is to produce engaging high quality digital images of all types of archaeology from the landscape to the microscopic, that use vivid detail and crafted compositions to convey as clearly as possible the main ideas of research.